We’ve added 13 hotspots scattered across the Wilderness to the Bounty Hunter Beta. One of these will be active at any given time, with its border marked by glowing orbs. Killing your targets within these hotspots will yield much higher rewards than usual.
To be eligible, you’ll need a minimum combat level of 50 and to be carrying a Mysterious Emblem of any tier. Bounty Hunters will receive messages when a hotspot is due to change at 10, 5 and 1 minute before.
For a normal target kill, you’ll receive 3, 4 or 5 BH points depending on your killstreak. If you kill your target while in the hotspot, you’ll get triple points. Bounty tasks will also give 30 points instead of the usual 10. This bonus does not apply to the milestone points.
If you have a killstreak of 2, killing your target in the hotspot will upgrade their emblem as well as your own. Usually, only your emblem would be upgraded and the target’s emblem would be destroyed.
While on a killstreak of 3 or more, both you and your opponent’s emblems will be upgraded upon a kill in the hotspot.
The hotspots will rotate between the following locations:
1. Mage Arena and Pirate’s Hideout
2. Resource Area and Deserted Keep
3. Rogue’s Castle
4. Lava Maze
5. Lava Dragon Isle
7. The Forgotten Cemetery
8. Graveyard of Shadows and Ruins
9. Bone Yard
10. Bandit Camp and Ruins
11. Dark Warriors’ Fortress
12. Chaos Temple
13. South-eastern Wasteland
Loot crates have been added to the Emblem Trader’s shop. They cost 5 points each and contain a variety of PK-ing supplies and occasionally an Ornate Maul Handle or Mysterious Emblem of any tier. We’re also giving you 500 points to spend whenever you log into the Beta to test out the crates and let us know what you think!
The following tasks have been added to the list of player bounties:
- Kill your target without using Chivalry, Piety, Rigour or Augury
- Kill your target with no body armour equipped
- Kill your target with no leg armour equipped
- Kill your target with no ring or neck armour equipped
- Drain 50 of your target’s Prayer pointing using Smite before killing your target
- Deal at least 150 damage using Melee before killing your target
- Deal at least 150 damage using Ranged before killing your target
- Deal at least 150 damage using Magic before killing your target
The task requiring you to kill a target without the use of Prayers was changed to ‘without the use of overhead Prayers’.
Target Allocation Timer
Bounty Hunter players will now be a assigned new target within 1 minute. This is down from between 1 and 2 minutes.
The Emblem Trader will now look for Archaic emblems in your Bank as well as your inventory. This change affects the live game.